Event Insurance from Duuo

Make purchasing event insurance the easiest item to check off your to-do list.

Do I need event insurance?

Event insurance is purchased to cover an event host’s liability in case of an accident. It includes coverage for Event Liability (Bodily Injury and Property Damage) and for Tenant’s Legal Liability. At Duuo, you also have the option to purchase host liquor liability coverage for non-sporting events.

If your venue has asked you to get venue insurance or hall rental insurance, you’re in the right place.

Even if your event space doesn’t explicitly state that they need event insurance, a quick, low cost event insurance policy gives you the peace of mind you need to focus on all the other items on your event planning to-do list

Why Choose Duuo?

Duuo provides digital, on-demand access to event liability insurance, making it easier than ever to get your special event covered in the case of an unlikely accident.

Most venues will require you to purchase a form of event insurance before allowing you to host an event in their space. 

At Duuo, our philosophy is that if you need to get event insurance, it might as well be easy! Goodbye broker, service, and insurance advisor fees, cancellation fees, and deductibles. Hello event liability insurance that can be purchased online in minutes, and only charges you for the day(s) you need. Let’s get started!

What does Duuo’s Event Insurance policy cover?

A renter’s insurance needs are different to those of home owners. That’s why tenant insurance offers coverage designed specifically for renters. Tenant insurance covers three really important things, but sometimes they can be tricky to understand. Let us translate for you:

Host Liquor Liability*

Event Liability (Bodily Injury & Property Damage)

Tenants’ Legal Liability

Medical Payments

*Host Liquor Liability is an add-on to our standard event insurance policy. Easily included in your policy at an additional cost, this type of coverage is required when you are planning to serve alcohol at your event. Host liquor liability is not available when purchasing a policy for sporting events. In addition to purchasing this coverage, you will need to acquire any liquor licenses and permits as required by your Province. For additional advice on your insurance needs regarding host liquor liability, contact the licensed insurer’s representative or a licensed insurance agent.

Types of events we cover

We provide coverage for a very wide range of social and sporting events, from wedding insurance to protection against third party property damage at lectures. Here is a short list to give you an idea:

  • Wedding or “Stag & Doe”
  • Party or reception
  • Kid friendly event or party
  • Shows, festivals, or recitals
  • Charity or non-profit events
  • Lectures, workshops, or meetings
  • Sporting events and tournaments

Does your event fit into one of the above categories? Let’s get you covered!


How to purchase Duuo’s special event insurance?

You can purchase Duuo Event Insurance directly online in a few minutes. Just tell us a bit about your event, including details like:

  • The type of event you’re hosting
  • Key details like date, location, and length
  • How many people will be attending
  • If alcohol will be served
  • If any third-party vendors will be working the event (photographers, wedding cake bakers)

After you fill in your information, you’ll receive a quote and an invitation to sign up with Duuo and purchase your coverage. We’ll even email the proof of insurance directly to your venue.

The entire Duuo process takes less than 5 minutes. It’s that simple!

Making a claim

We’re sure your event will go off without a hitch, but hey, things happen. That’s why we have event insurance coverage in the first place!

If you do need to make a claim, Duuo allows you to do so entirely online. Just answer a few simple questions and tell us about what happened, and then we’ll have our super-friendly claims rep reach out to you.

Duuo Partners

We’ve worked with a range of platforms, venues, and event planners that recommend Duuo Event Insurance to their clients.

Frequently Asked Questions

Got questions? We have answers!

What is the liability limit for Duuo Event Insurance?

The policy comes with a $5,000,000 (Bodily Injury & Property Damage) liability limit and a $1,000,000 Tenants Legal Liability limit. These limits are standard and cannot be modified.

Where is Duuo Event insurance available?

Duuo is available in all provinces, but not yet available in the territories.

What if my event will take place outside of Canada?

Unfortunately, your event must take place entirely in Canada to be covered.

How can I add additional insureds to my policy after purchase?

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to log into Duuo, cancel your policy, and then create a new one. We’ll instantly refund your original policy premium once you cancel, but depending on your credit card it may take up to 7 days to appear.

To keep things easy, we’d always suggest that you confirm the names of your additional insureds before you make your purchase.

I’m hosting an event at a private residence. What if my guests will be bringing their own alcohol? Or what if I will be serving alcohol, but not selling it? Do I still need a liquor license or permit?

Yes, to purchase Duuo’s Event insurance policy with liquor liability coverage, you must get the proper liquor license from your Province. But that is usually pretty easy to do at your local government liquor store or provincial liquor board!

If you choose not to get a liquor license, you could purchase Duuo’s Event insurance policy without alcohol coverage, but you would not be covered for any incidents related to alcohol. That’s why we always recommend getting the proper liquor license.

Can I cancel my policy after purchase?

Yes, of course! Just ensure you cancel your policy before your event date. If you need to cancel on the day of your event, start a live-chat with one of our licensed insurance reps or send an email to info@duuo.ca.

What do I do if my event isn’t specifically listed?

Email one of our licensed reps at info@duuo.ca or start a live chat with us. We’ll be happy to help you choose!

Do I require host liquor liability if the venue will be responsible for serving alcohol on our behalf?

We recommend that you still purchase an Event liability policy with host liquor liability coverage as claims could still be advanced against you as the host of the event.

What if I’m not sure how many people are going to attend my event?

We’d recommend giving yourself a buffer by choosing the safer number. Better to pick a higher number than a lower number.

My venue referred me to Duuo, how do I get the discount?

That’s great news! All you will have to do is make sure to select the venue address that has the Duuo Partner label listed in our drop-down.

Once you select this, the discount will automatically be applied! Your venue will also receive your proof of purchase as this is automatically sent over; one of the many perks of hosting your event with a Duuo preferred partner.

If you have further questions, please reach out to our customer support team, or look at our other articles.