Rent-my-Stuff: Peer to Peer Equipment Rental Insurance
It seems like you can rent just about anything you need these days. At Duuo, we’re big fans of the sharing economy! That’s why we’ve become the only insurance company in Canada to offer on-demand “Rent-my-Stuff” insurance to equipment owners.
Rent-my-Stuff insurance is designed specifically to remove the risk and discomfort of renting your valued belongings to strangers.
Not only does the sharing economy reduce waste, but it also comes with financial benefits for both parties.
Owners are able to make a little extra money by renting out their stuff, and renters get easy access to things they only need for a little while. It’s a total win-win!
Rent-my-Stuff Insurance coverage from Duuo is:
- Designed to protect your belongings in the event of theft, loss, or accidental damage.
- Episodic or “on-demand”. This means you only pay for coverage while your stuff is being rented.
- Easily purchased online in minutes.
- Intended to remove the headache of relying on your renter to get proper insurance.
- Supported by a simple, online claims process.
Click HERE to read the full policy.
Right now, Rent-my-Stuff insurance is available to equipment owners who use one of our approved platforms to book their rentals. Rent-my-Stuff insurance is not yet available in Québec, but we plan to be there soon!
If you use a rental platform that you would like to see approved, please tell us a bit more so we can look into it!
We’re excited to start partnering with more rental platforms, so that we can start providing protection and peace of mind to their users. If you represent a rental platform, feel free to drop us a line. We’re eager to talk to you!