Official Full Rules and Regulations of Duuo’s Summer Refresh Contest –2019 (the “Contest”)
The Contest sponsor is Co-operators General Insurance Company (“The Co-operators”).
The contest period begins on June 10, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. (E.S.T.) and ends on June 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) (the “Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER the Contest:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All Canadian short-term rental hosts who complete the Contest application during the Contest Period and who have a Duuo account are eligible to win the Contest. The Duuo account can have been opened prior to the start of the Contest Period or it can be created at any time during the Contest. All entrants must be Canadian citizens and must be active short-term rental hosts on a recognized platform (Ex. Airbnb or CanadaStays). The Contest is not open to residents of Québec.
- The Co-operators assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by The Co-operators on account of technical problems, or any combination thereof. The Co-operators reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should a cause beyond the reasonable control of The Co-operators corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of The Co-operators, which are final. The Co-operators reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Québec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence except: employees (and persons with whom they are domiciled) of The Co-operators; its advertising and promotional agencies; its independent insurance advisors and the staff of those advisors; or persons domiciled with advisors or their staff. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Co-operators shall not be held responsible for any accident, negligence, printing, administrative or other errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Co-operators reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate this Contest with no obligation or liability, subject to applicable
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Co-operators reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. By entering this Contest, the entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, video image, and photograph in any related publicity or online posting without compensation or notification.
- PRIZE VALUE: One (1) prize in the amount of a five hundred dollar ($500) Visa Gift Card will be awarded to a winner who is selected by Duuo and Five (5) other prizes in the amount of one hundred dollar ($100) Visa Gift Cards will be awarded by random draw, for a total of one thousand dollars in prizes during the Contest Period. Two (2) NoiseAware Indoor Sensors will be awarded by random draw. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- THE DRAW: Three (3) random draws will be made by Duuo in Toronto, Ontario from all eligible entries during the Contest Period. The three (3) random draws will be made in accordance with the schedule set out below on or about the following dates:
Item Entry Deadline Draw Date:
NoiseAware Indoor Sensor June 16, 2019 June 18, 2019
NoiseAware Indoor Sensor June 23, 2019 June 25, 2019
$100 Visa Gift Card (5 prizes) June 30, 2019 July 3, 2019
If selected entrants cannot be contacted by email within fourteen (3) business days of the draw date, an alternate selected entrant will be drawn.
- The odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries during the Contest Period.
- The contacted selected entrants will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing question before being declared a winner
- The winner agrees to sign The Co-operators standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with these Contest rules and regulations and waiving any liability of The Co-operators, its partners, directors, officers, employees, advisors (including its independent insurance advisors) or any affiliates with regard to injury, accident or loss or damage of any kind arising out of participation in this promotion or acceptance of a prize as awarded.
General Contest Rules
- Contest is not open to residents of Québec.